Rules & Regulations
Please ensure you sign rules and get your copy at reception upon check-in.
The following rules must be read and adhered to in order to make the visit to RUSTIG as enjoyable as possible for everyone:
- All visitors/ Hikers must report to Reception on arrival.
- Entering and leaving the property must be done at the main entrance.
- USE ONLY THE DEMARCATED PARKING AREA.
- No Person other than a paying guest is allowed to make use of any of the facilities provided.
- No day visitors are allowed at the braai areas at the overnight facilities.
- NO MUSIC
- Please use the â€œbraaiâ€ facilities provided when â€œbraaingâ€.
- NO LITTERING
- Speed limit on all roads is 20km/h
- NO PETS ALLOWED.
- No organism, living or dead, may be removed from the farm.
- No geological or archaeological objects may be disturbed or removed.
- Firearms are prohibited.
- DO NOT FEED THE BABOONS OR THE MONKEYS THEY CAN BECOME VERY AGGRESSIVE AND WILL FORCE THE OWNERS TO TAKE EXCESIVE STEPS TO ENSURE YOUR SAFTY WICH IS UNNECESSARY.
- PLEASE NOTE: the bathrooms at the reception area are for restaurant and bar visitors only. Please use ablution block if you are enjoying a picnic.
- If an event is booked at RUSTIG the bar times are as follows:
- Open: Fri, Sat and Sun: 09:00am
- Close: Fri: 01:00 am, Sat : 24:00, Sun: 16:00 pm
- These times are in accordance with Liquor Control Act of South Africa and will be strictly enforced by Management and staff of RUSTIG.
- NO SMOKING inside the Reception Area or Bar, ashtrays will be provided outside on the veranda.
- NO PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WILL BE ALLOWED TO BUY ALCHOHOL AT THE BAR; IT IS AT THE SOLE DESCRETION OF THE STAFF OF RUSTIG TO ASK FOR PROOF OF IDENTITY.
- IF YOU WISH TO PLAY ANY MUSIC AT THE FUNCTION ALL CDâ€™S MUST BE HANDED TO THE STAFF WHO WILL INSURE THAT THE MUSIC IS PLAYED, NO UNAUTHORISED PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED TO HANDLE THEATTE SYSTEM AT ANY STAGE (NO USB DEVICES).
- No sitting on the walls and stairs.
- The Keys of the reception area and bar will at no stage be made available to any person other than RUSTIG staff.
- NO PERSON OTHER THAN AUTHORISED PERSONEL OF RUSTIG WILL BE ALLOWED BEHIND THE BAR OR IN THE KITCHEN.
- The RESPOSIBLE PERSON (person who made the booking) will be held accountable for all and any damage to the property of RUSTIG, it will not be the responsibility of the RUSTIG management to collect anyoutstanding funds from any individual other than the Responsible Person.
- No glasses, cutlery, linen or Towels may be removed from Receprion area or Accommodation.
SWIMMING POOL – THIS IS A QUITE POOL
- No Glass bottles/ glasses in or around swimming pool.
- No diving, screaming running in and around swimming pool is allowed.
- No children under the age of 14 is allowed in the pool without adult supervision.
- Do not use towels in accommodation area at swimming pool
- Please keep the swimming pool and surrounding area clean and neat at all times.
- Consider all guests when enjoying the pool.
- Only proper swim attire allowed.
- POOL CLOSE AT 18:30 PM EVERY EVENING.
- Please use the â€œBraaiâ€ facilities in a respectful manner as all guests will be held accountable for any damage to the property of RUSTIG.
- Should you wish to smoke,PLEASE do so with care.Veld fires are a dangerand we ask you to kindly extinguish your cigarette carefully and with thought.
- USE ONLY THE HKING ROUTES AS CLEARLY MARKED FOR RUSTIG. PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT OUR SURROUNDING FARMS ARE PRIVATE PROPERTY AND ENTERING SUCH PROPERTY WITHOUT
PERMISSION IS A FELLONY.
- All hikers to sign in and OUT at Reception, for control purpose.
- RUSTIG is known for its tranquility please conduct yourself in such a manner that all visitors can enjoy RUSTIG.
- The use of the hiking trails and facilities are included.
- Please do not use any of the provided towels, blankets or any other item outside the tents or at the swimming POOL.
- Please use â€œBraaiâ€ facilities when â€œBraaingâ€ (barbeque)
- ONE bundle of wood per unit is supplied daily if you require more you can BUY at reception.
- All items, electronic or otherwise remain the property of Rustig, guest will be charged for any loss or damage to said property.
- NO SMOKING inside the accommodation.
- It is the responsibility of all visitors to make sure the list given to them are indeed all the items in the units and to report any discrepancies to reception within 30 min of entering the unit after witch management will assume the correctness.
- The keys must be returned to RECEPTION 15 min before departure on the day of departure to give the Staff time to check inventory list, key deposit would be returned.
- USE ONLY THE DEMARKATED PARKING AREA NO PARKING AT UNITS, assistance with luggage will be provided.
- â€œQUITE TIMEâ€ at RUSTIG is 22:00 and we kindly ask all visitors to observe and respect this.
- Arrange to settle any outstanding account before departure.
YOU ENTER THE AREA AND UTILIZE THE AVAILABLE FACILITIES AT YOUR OWN RISK NEITHER THE MANAGEMENT NOR STAFF OF RUSTIG IS LIABLE FOR ANY ACCIDENT, LOSS OR DAMAGE SUSTAINED WHATSOEVER.
WE TRUST THAT YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR STAY